Date: 13 Jun (Sat) and 14 Jun (Sun)
Time: Each trip will last 1.5 hours including safety briefing.
Meeting point: The kayak launching station is located next to Jelutong bridge which is about 1 km away from Volunteer Hub, map.
Registration is required. Registration is closed due to overwhelming response. Thank you!
What to bring?
- Sun protection (hats, long sleeve clothing)
- Sufficient drinking water
- Change of clothes (will get wet!)
- Wear proper covered footwear (strictly NO slippers or sandals)
- Please note that there will be NO safe area to leave your bags or personal belongings. Therefore, please be prepared to bring your bags onto the kayaks with you, and waterproof them, as they will get WET.
- Please note that there are NO toilets / changing facilities available at the kayak launching point. Toilets are only available at Ubin Village / Main Jetty
- Please be on time. As we are running the trips back to back, we apologise that we cannot wait for late-comers and have to launch our kayaks on time and depart every hour.
- Do plan your ferry ride early and hop over to Pulau Ubin and take a leisurely 30 minutes walk to Jelutong Bridge.
- It is necessary that you provide your contact no. and email address so that we can acknowledge your booking and send you a booking confirmation.
- Cancellation: As this is a charity event, we seek your understanding that there will be no refunds once sold. In the event of bad weather, departure timings may be delayed.
Here's a glimpse ...
Thanks to Cuifen Pui, we know that despite the rain on Day 2, lots of participants still came for this ever popular introduction to the mangroves. Lisa Lim giving a safety briefing before the group sets off from Ah Ma Drink Stall.
Here's the route taken by the group
More photos by Cuifen Pui on facebook.