Based on feedback and data from the Organising Groups, Ria and Min Lin submitted an After Action Report for Ubin Day 2015. It is available for public viewing here http://tinyurl.com/UbinDay2015report
Thank you to all who made Ubin Day 2015 happen!
Photos of Ubin Day!
Thank you to all the contributors for sharing their facebook albums of Ubin Day.
Minister Khaw Boon Wan's post on facebook.
Day 1: 13 Jun (Sat)
Photos by Johnson Ong on facebook:
Photos by Johnson Ong on U Volunteers facebook page
Photos by Khoo Ee Hoon on facebook:
Photos by Toh Eng Hong on facebook:
Photos by Timothy Chua Yi-Neng on facebook:
Photos by Shirley Yong on facebook:
Photos by Tan Soi Hong on facebook:
Day 2: 14 Jun (Sun)
Photos by Jennifer Teo on facebook:
Photos by Ivan Kwan on facebook:
Photos by Cuifen Pui on facebook:
"Had the chance to experience new things, including:
- Forest cleanup (all the cleanup activities I know of so far are along the coast, the forest also need cleanup - it's obvious once we start looking out for human's impact!). We learnt the concept of Leave No Trace from NSS Jalan Hijau and Better Trails;
- Watch a urban sketcher patiently drawing a kampung scene by ink;
- Kayak through the mangroves with NSS outdoor education guides and Kayak Asia;
- Count ~7 hornbills in one single tree;
- Makan at a "new" seaside restaurant on the island (food not bad)
- Had the chance to talk to the Minister-of-State in the Ministry of National Development, Desmond Lee, when he came up to talk to Nature Society volunteers
Despite the rainy day, there were interesting butterflies seen on Butterfly Hill of Pulau Ubin. Thanks to Jonathan Soong of Butterfly Circle for sharing on facebook:
All of Ubin Day!
Photos by Min Lin on facebook
Law Ing Sind not only volunteered to help in preparations days before the event, but also during the weekend AND had fun looking out for 'herps' on Pulau Ubin too. A member of the newly established Herpetological Society of Singapore, he shares in this blog post about his Ubin Day and the reptiles, amphibian and other herp sightings on Ubin Day!
Photos by Ria Tan on facebook.