It's easy to help!
Step 1: Like us on facebook. Tell everyone about Ubin Day!
Step 2: Come for Ubin Day
Step 3: Share on social media about your day on Ubin with #ubinday.
|FUN Ambassadors at Ubin Day 2014!|
We need helping hands to make Ubin Day a FUN and meaningful one. Especially, we need help with the following:
Before Ubin Day: 12 Jun (Fri) 12noon-6pm
We need help to set up the exhibition booths at the Assembly Area, set up posters and signs around Ubin. We depart Changi Jetty 12noon, back on the mainland 6pm.
On Ubin Day:
13 Jun (Sat) and 14 Jun (Sun) any time slots between 8am-5pm
Walking FUN Ambassadors
Love to walk around? Love to share on social media? We need someone to walk around Ubin to document Ubin Day happenings and share immediately on social media #ubinday. Also to tell visitors about Ubin Day happenings and give them the flyer if they ask.
Biking FUN Ambassadors
Love to cycle around Ubin? We need help for someone to go to events outside of Ubin Town to deliver buttons, snacks, check on whether they need anything.
Love to share on social media? We also need someone to cycle around Ubin to document Ubin Day happenings and share immediately on social media #ubinday. Also to tell visitors about Ubin Day happenings and give them the flyer if they ask.
Pick up and drop off your “FUN Ambassador bicycle” from the Assembly Area.
FUN Ambassadors at the Kampung Photo Booth
Love people and getting them to have fun? We need help to get visitors to put on kampung costumes and accessories and take photos to immediately share on social media #ubinday. More about the Kampung Photo Booth.
FUN Ambassadors at the Assembly Area
Love to be where all the action is? We need help at the Assembly Area.
- To help ensure smooth set up in the morning and shut down in the evening.
- To help at the Registration Desk under the Banyan Tree to gather participants for the start of walks.
- To help with general enquiries from visitors.
If you can help with any of the above, please fill up this google form
or email Ria Tan firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE volunteer opportunities!
NUS Toddycats need help
Want to volunteer at a biking event, or talk about marine life and the impact of marine trash, or share about otters and civet cats? Join the NUS Toddycats. Training will be provided on 6 Jun (Sat). More details in this blog post.
Join Ubin Day events that need volunteers
From tree-planting to cleaning up the beach or forests. There are five events to choose from!
Want to contribute an event?
Everyone is welcomed to contribute an Ubin Day activity that highlights Ubin's unique charms, and raises awareness and love for our Pulau Ubin and is open to the public.
If you are interested in contributing a suitable activity to Ubin Day, simply email Ria Tan email@example.com with these details:
- Which day(s) and time slots would you like to hold your activity?
- 13 Jun (Sat) morning/afternoon/evening
- 14 Jun (Sun) morning/afternoon/evening
- Details of your activity: e.g., what can participants experience/learn in your event?
- Target audience: e.g., families, kids, youths, all are welcomed?; beginners/advanced?
- Where in Ubin will your activity be held? If it’s a tour, please indicate start and end points.
- Time/length of activity?
- Is your activity free-of-charge? If not, what are your charges?
- Is registration required? If so, please provide a url or email contact for participants to register for the activity. You will need to manage registration for your own event.
- What support/facilities do you need for your activity?
- Any other suggestions, questions or feedback?